About Me

My photo
I'm a Christian, married to a wonderful man, Steven, and mother to a wonderful little son. I have many interests and a few noteworthy journeys in life and I enjoy sharing them.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Blood on my Hands

Acts 20: 26 Therefore, I declare to you today that I am innocent of the blood of any of you. 27 For I have not hesitated to proclaim to you the whole will of God.

I have spent a lot of time in counter-Mormon ministries on Facebook and on this blog. However, neither of those minister to my friends and family. None of them challenge people I know and love personally to either ignore me and ignore truth, or to challenge their faith. I would not be able to look God in the eye on judgment day and say, "I tried to bring them your gospel."

Mathew 24:24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
Luke 6:26Woe to you when everyone speaks well of you, for that is how their ancestors treated the false prophets.
1 John 4:1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

I've been wanting people--my family, mostly--to "speak well of me." I don't want to be concerned about that anymore.

My dad told me yesterday that there's not an argument I could give him that a Christian hasn't given him before. I want to prove him wrong, so that he either has to reject me or reject what he thought. He might reject me. They all might reject me. But I don't want to face God and have to tell Him that I was more worried about being rejected by my family than by Him.

What do I have to lose? If what I believe turns out to be untrue after death, then I have no way of preparing for what is. If there's nothing after death, I won't have any regrets. I know what I believe about after life after death, and I have no excuse not to practice what I preach.

I think I'll start by just posting scriptures on Facebook that contradict the Mormon beliefs. I've heard of so many people leaving the Church just by seeing the truth of the New Testament.

No comments:

Post a Comment