About Me

My photo
I'm a Christian, married to a wonderful man, Steven, and mother to a wonderful little son. I have many interests and a few noteworthy journeys in life and I enjoy sharing them.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

If the Mormon Church is True, God is Sinful

The Bible says that the first lie that Satan ever told mankind was that they could become gods. Mormonism says this is not a lie, but is truth, and that mankind can become gods. If this is true, then God meant for mankind to sin, and wanted Adam and Eve to eat of the fruit which means God lied to Adam and Even when he told them they they should not eat the fruit of knowledge of good and evil!

This is not really a surprise, considering that then sinful men can become gods and goddesses, which means that it is statistically far more likely that our God was a sinful man who achieved godhood through his world's equivalent of Mormonism than that he was a perfect savior on his world.

But what does the Bible say about God?

Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.
Psalm 90:2 Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the whole world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD,
   “and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me
   and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
   nor will there be one after me.

God is perfect and always was God. How could he have ever been a sinner. How could he have ever desired mankind to sin? That is completely contrary to his nature.

No parent wants their child to do wrong, and God is the ultimate, perfect father.

No comments:

Post a Comment